Alkaline milk is a much healthier option in comparison to cows milk, but cows milk dominates our advertisement and beliefs as a healthy option. We want to talk about this, as well as provide you with healthier alkaline options.
Who hasn’t heard the advertisement slogan, Got Milk? I can’t speak about other countries, but in America, this slogan has become part of the fabric of our culture. We have athletes and movie stars on television commercials, billboards, and in magazine ads wearing the famous milk mustache, with the words Got Milk showcased for the world to see. Most of us since we were born have received a steady diet of influence from the milk industry. We’ve been told that “Milk does a body good.” for centuries. This has lead to a very profitable industry that is literally milking it for all that it is worth.
Drinking Cow’s Milk
We are the only beings on the planet that drinks the milk of another species. This milk is meant to help the calf grow healthy and gain hundreds of pounds in a matter of months. Cows are injected with about 100 chemicals meant to spur growth and to fight chronic infectious disease. These chemicals end up in our bodies through the milk we drink. Cows are under tons of stress and treated like machines for what they can produce. This prods the question of why must we stress cows just so we can have our precious milk. This is an unnecessary cruelty to our four-legged friends. When we talk about living alkaline, not causing harm to others is part of this philosophy.
Some of the possible side effects of drinking cow’s milk include weight gain, cancer, heart disease, and a decrease in bone density according to the British Medical Journal. So, milk actually does the body bad. Pass it on! This is why more and more people are choosing other alternatives.
I won’t get into the horror and cruelty of farm animals, but if you are interested in joining the fight or learning more, click here to see the Earthling documentary, and click here to get information on the PETA organization that fights animal cruelty.
The five best alkaline milks
The video gives you five different kinds of alkaline milk and some of their health benefits.
- Wild Rice Milk is made from the wild rice grain. Wild rice has great health benefits including its ability to improve heart health, slows the signs of aging, strengthens your bones, boosts your immune system.
- Brazil Nut Milk has a rich and creamy texture The health benefits of Brazil nut milk are the ability to balance hormone function, improve the immune system, and lower the risk of cancer.
- Sesame Seed Milk is a rich source of plant-based calcium with a delicious flavor. Sesame seeds are extremely beneficial for its ability to increase heart health.
- Walnut Milk benefits include its ability to reduce bad cholesterol, improve metabolism, and its ability to help take control of diabetes.
- Hemp Seed Milk is probably the most accessible of the other four. It can easily be found in your local grocer. Hemp seed has a wide variety of health benefits including cancer prevention and improves skin and hair health.
Other Alkaline Milk Options
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Coconut Milk
Make your own alkaline milk
Just in case anyone is interested in learning how to make your own alkaline milk, here is a three-minute video that shows you how.
Drop a dress size in a week
If you are looking for to drop a dress size in a week using healthy green smoothies click here.
Greetings, my name is Kam Kyser aka Omfit Kam, and I am a personal trainer and yoga instructor. I am passionate about the world of fitness and nutrition. I’m always looking for ways to improve what I know and to help others along their spiritual and fitness journey. If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I would love to hear from you.